Change log for PyCo
- Refactored "Surface" to "Topography".
- Bug fix: Corrected computation of attractive contact area in Smooth contact system.
- Bug fix: Corrected computation of inflexion point in LJ93 and VW82 smoothed potentials.
- Height-difference autocorrelation function.
- PyCo now licensed under MIT license.
- Implemented substrates of finite thickness.
- Support for additional DI file formats.
- More clever unit conversion in DI files.
- macOS compatibility fixes.
- Automatic conversion from hardness value (given in units of pressure)
into internal units in constrained CG solver.
- Added penetration hardness model for simple plastic calculations.
- Bug fix: Periodic Green's function offset by one lattice constant.
- Added further adhesive reference models (Maugis-Dugdale type models for
cylinder and wedge).
- Added callback option for Polonsky & Keer optimizer.
- setup.py now has '--openmp' option that triggers compilation of shared-memory
(OpenMP) parallel code.
- Main enhancement: Support for masked_arrays in NumpySurface. This allows to
have undefined (missing) data points in surfaces. Polonsky & Keer can handle
- Polonsky & Keer can now optimize at constant pressure (in addition to
- Updated hard wall script to accept command line arguments.
- Moved scripts to new 'commandline' folder.
- Added plotmap.py, tool for plotting surfaces from the command line.
- Added plotpsd.py, tool for plotting the PSD of a surface from the command
- Renamed TiltedSurface to DetrendedSurface.
- Added reader for HGT files (topography data from NASA Shuttle Radar Topography
- Bug fix in deprecated 'set_size' that broke hard wall example.
- Added reader for MATLAB files.
- Added 'center' detrending mode which just subtracts the mean value.
- Added getter and setter for detrend_mode.
- Added function to return string representation of subtracted plane.
- Added area_per_pt property to Surface object.
- Exponential adhesion potential from Martin's contact mechanics challenge, to
be used in combination with hard-wall (bounded L-BFGS). Added tests for this
potential. Thanks go to Joe Monty for implementing this.
- Surfaces now have a unit property, that can be any object but will likely
be a string in many cases.
- Readers now create NumpySurface with raw data and wrap it into a
ScaledSurface to convert to proper unit.
- Travis-CI integration
- Greenwood-Tripp reference solution
- Many bug fixes in topography file readers
- Wyko OPD reader (.opd)
- Digital Instruments Nanoscope reader (.di)
- Igor Binary Wave reader (.ibw)
- X3P reader (.x3p)
- Automatic file format detection